Saturday, December 14, 2013

Way more important than what?

A headlines roundup/linkfest in rant form:

/rant begins/

Back in the first entry on this blog I made reference to the saying back where I come from, "Football ain't a religion.  It's way more important than that," from which this blog takes its name.

Of late I find myself wondering about sports, "Way more important than what?"

The headlines have asked the question: more important than having a functional mind and body when your playing days are over?

More important than getting through high school?

More important than getting out of a game alive, even if you're not playing?

More important than having a functional country?

More important than being yourself?

More important than not being jerks to a people who've already experienced plenty of jerkishness?

More important than basic functional decency to loyal (and successful) people?

More important than basically getting legal justice right? (Don't assume I'm on "your side" here.  I think all sides have royally f***ed this one up, pun intended.)

More important than, basically, life?


/rant ends/

/for now/

No comments:

Post a Comment